The State of Hawaii takes allegations of Domestic Violence very seriously.
contact our law firm immediately.
Domestic Violence charges may be brought under the Abuse of Family or Household Member Statutes.
Domestic Violence Charge?
Attorneys for Freedom is
available to help you
Abuse of a family or household member and refusal to comply with the lawful order of a police officer are misdemeanors and the person shall be sentenced as follows:
- For the first offense the person shall serve a minimum jail sentence of forty-eight hours;
- For a second offense that occurs within one year of the first conviction, the person shall be termed a “repeat offender” and serve a minimum jail sentence of thirty days. Upon conviction and sentencing of the defendant, the court shall order that the defendant immediately be incarcerated to serve the mandatory minimum sentence imposed. At sentencing the court requires that the offender undergo any available domestic violence intervention programs ordered by the court.
- For a third or any subsequent offense that occurs within two years of a second or subsequent conviction, the offense shall be a class C felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and fines.
- Where the physical abuse consists of intentionally or knowingly causing bodily injury by impeding the normal breathing or circulation of the blood by strangulation the offender will be guilty of a class C felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and fines.
- Where physical abuse occurs in the presence of a minor, and the minor is a family or household member less than fourteen years of age, abuse of a family or household member is a class C felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and fines.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF ABUSE OF FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD MEMBER, CONTACT OUR LAW FIRM IMMEDIATELY.
We are prepared to take the steps necessary to reinstate your property and firearm rights, as they may temporarily be revoked by mere allegations of domestic violence. Domestic violence cases are very fact specific, and our team of legal experts will work with you to come up with the best legal defense when faced with these serious charges.